DETAILS ABOUT ALL COURSES
Currently, the increasing expansion of Alternative healthcare facilities in Ghana at both regional and districts levels, with a corresponding increased demand for Qualified Homeopathic Medical Personnel continues to affect the health service delivery system in Ghana. Presently, the low medical homeopathic practitioner to patient ratio in our health facilities at all levels affect the quality of Homeopathic Medical Care delivery. The C4C Group has the largest number of Homeopathic Hospitals in Ghana, with ten (10) branches nationwide. Also, there are two (2) International Branches in the Netherlands and Germany. The Medical College, is equipped with facilities and faculty to support the training of competent Medical Homeopaths to bridge this health professional gap in the health delivery system for the benefit of the Ghanaian society.
Development in the homeopathic medical practice throughout the world demand corresponding strategic overhaul in the training of the homeopathic medical practitioner in the 21st century. With the rapid advancements of Homeopathic Pharmaceuticals Worldwide, the need has arisen to train students to meet current demands and challenges. The Medical Homeopathic Programme is a relevant innovation to produce medical homeopaths for sustainable development in Traditional and Alternative Medicine Practice, public health systems and medical research institutions, in Ghana and beyond, in a safe environment.
During the period between the 1950s and 1980s the efficiency and competency of conventional medicine seemed to have been unlimited in the World. Incredible technical progress raised the expectation that sooner or later it would cope with any disease, and the finding of adequate cures was just a question of time. Today, this optimism has partially disappeared and has been substituted by harsh criticism and decreasing acceptance triggered by the publicly debated adverse side effects, the impersonality of its machine-based treatments, its lack of a more holistic approach towards the human body, and its high cost. The fact that an increasing number of patients turn to Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) in search of a better, additional or more adequate treatment, can be interpreted as an indication that the ‘golden age’ of conventional medicine has either come to an end or fast reaching that point. Although it still dominates the public healthcare system, its hegemonic position is challenged and questioned by various therapeutic systems with their concepts of health, illness and healing.
Within the spectrum of the various therapies offered in today’s pluralistic medical markets, homeopathy occupies a prominent place. Not only does this medical system look back upon a history of more than 200 years, but also enjoys a steadily increasing number of users and supporters among Ghanaians, Europeans and the world at large.
The institution stands for integrity, creativity and excellence. As such the philosophy of the C4C Homeopathic Medical College is to impart knowledge through the in-depth examination of the science, principles, techniques and ethics involved in quality assured Medical Homeopaths and functions in hospitals, clinics, homeopathic pharmaceutical companies, factories with basic skills in Homeopathic Medical Science.
The programme five (5) year one which is aimed at providing graduates with Homeopathic Science training, skills and general knowledge of Medical Homeopathy, so that they would be able to work in Alternative Medical Institutions, research, industrial and educational facilities.
At the end of the programme, the students should be able to:
- Articulate knowledge of the philosophical, theoretical and historical foundations of homeopathy.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior based on the Code of Ethics and Patient/ Client Rights within the Health Care Setting by the Traditional and Alternative Medicine Practice Council.
- Effectively utilize homeopathic reference tools.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of the homeopathic pharmacopeia and materia medica.
- Identify and apply the concepts of miasms to homeopathic therapy.
- Effectively record, analyze and manage cases.
- Commit to life-long learning and continued personal and professional development, undertake research and read and understand research papers.
- Demonstrate the principles and methods of homeopathy through skilled casework.
- Identify strategies for building a successful practice.
- Professionally manage a homeopathic medical unit in public or private health facilities and advise top management on homeopathic healthcare issues.
- Undertake evidence-based research in Medical Homeopathy
- To Secure Professional License for them as Medical Homeopaths.
STUDENTS’ ADMISSION, PROGRESSION AND GRADUATION
ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WITH:
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE)
Minimum Grade of D or better in three (3) core subjects i.e. English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and any three (3) elective subjects.
- West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE)
Minimum Grade of C6 or better in three (3) core subjects i.e. English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and any three (3) elective subjects.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level
Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). In addition, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject for Science students.
- Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine
Applicants with the 3-year Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine with CGPA of not less than 3.5 from a recognized institution with a minimum 2-year working experience in the health sector, may be considered for admission to level 200 of the B.Sc.( Hom) Programme after passing an interview.
- Bachelor of Science Qualifications
Applicants with a 4-year Bachelor of Science in either biological science, biochemistry or other life sciences qualification with CGPA of not less than 2.5 may be considered for admission to level 200 of the B.Sc.(Hom) programme after passing an interview.
- Diploma in any Alternative Medicine Field.
Applicants with the 3-year diploma in any Alternative Medicine Field with CGPA of not less than 3.5 from any School of Alternative Medicine, with a minimum 2-year working experience in the health sector, may be considered for admission to level 200 of the B.Sc.( Hom) Programme after passing an interview.
- Higher National Diploma in Science Laboratory Technology
Applicants with the 3-year Higher National Diploma Certificate in Science Laboratory Technology (HND-SLT) with CGPA of not less than 3.5 from any recognized tertiary institution with a minimum 2-year working experience in the health sector, may be considered for admission to level 200 of the B.Sc.( Hom) Programme after passing an interview and a three month foundation course examination.
- Mature Students’ Entry
The applicant must:
- Be at least 25 years old; with proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of birth date which is at least five (5) years old at the time of application;
- Provide an introductory letter from employer or show any other proof of employment for the previous two (2) years or more;
- Pass an interview and mature students’ foundation entrance examinations.
- International Applicants and Ghanaians with external Education Credentials
With the approval of National Accreditation Board, the under listed educational qualifications may be acceptable for admission:
- American High school grade- Grades 12 and 13 examinations
- GCE (Cambridge)- ‘O’ and ‘A’ levels
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- IGSCE (Cambridge) ‘O’ and ‘A’ levels
- Other external qualifications that are equivalent to WASSCE and the GCE (A levels)
- Special Admission for Transferred Students
Candidates wishing to transfer from a recognized University may be admitted into either level 200 of the programme. Candidates in this category must submit an application to the College with previous transcripts.
- PROGRESSION REQUIREMENTS
The students are expected to take courses in Medical Homeopathy and other relevant courses, as stipulated by the Academic Board of the College, to advance their knowledge in Medical Homeopathy.
Written examinations, quizzes, seminars, clinical, and end of semester exams, will contribute to the final assessment. For progression, a student shall attain a Cumulative Grading Point Average (CGPA) of at least 1.5
C4C MEDICAL COLLEGE
A step further in alternative medicine
- Candidates should have satisfied ALL College Requirements.
- Candidates should have taken and passed college required examinations
- To qualify for the award of the degree in Medical Homeopathy, a student must pass all courses taken and have a Final Cumulative Grade Point Average (FCGPA) of 1.5 or better.
3.6 – 4.0 FIRST CLASS
3.0 – 3.5 SECOND CLASS (UPPER DIVISION)
2.5 – 2.9 SECOND CLASS (LOWER DIVISION))
2.0 – 2.4 THIRD CLASS
1.5 – 1.9 PASS
BELOW 1.5 FAIL
FCGPAs are rounded up to one decimal place only.
Graduates would be eligible to work as Medical Homeopaths, Complementary Health Assistants, Homeopathic Pharmacist, Nurses etc in
- Both Public and Private Health Hospitals and Clinics with Alternative Medical Departments
- Research institutions as research assistants.
- Regulatory agencies as analysts.
- Homeopathic Pharmaceutical Companies, Factories etc.
- Educational institutions as Homeopathic Instructors and Tutors.
- They may establish and manage their own clinics and Hospitals as entrepreneurs.
- Shall fit into the Expansions of the C4C Homeopathic Hospital Project for Establishing more than 150 Hospitals and Clinics before year 2030.